ARCOTEL Hotel AG
Rapid growth confirms ARCOTEL recipe for success
Manfred Mayer was the CEO of ARCOTEL Hotel AG from February 2007 til February 2014. Under his leadership the ARCOTEL group has gone from strength to strength:
Results ARCOTEL Hotel AG
- ARCOTEL Hotel AG has seen a steady rise in turnover over the last six years.
- Total sales revenue of ARCOTEL Hotel AG in 2012 amounted to EUR 9.1 million.
- Earnings before Interest and Taxes (EBIT) in 2012 was 9.9 percent.
- The equity ratio in 2012 was already 90.3 percent.
Results ARCOTEL Hotels
- Increase in revenues from EUR 33 million (2007) to EUR 60 million (2013), while 3 hotels were sold (ARCOTEL Elisabethpark Bad Gastein, ARCOTEL Teatrino Prague, ARCOTEL Boltzmann Vienna).
- Gross Operating Profit (GOP) rose from 28.45 percent in 2007 to 34.11 percent in 2012.
Further notable successes
- The ARCOTEL Hotels mobile website took one of the top 3 places in the "European Mobile Innovation Award 2013"
- The "Expedia Insiders' Select List" chose the ARCOTEL Onyx Hamburg as the best hotel in Germany
The ARCOTEL Kaiserwasser Vienna received two awards – the "HolidayCheck Quality Selection" certificate and the "Certificate of Excellence" from TripAdvisor
- According to the rankings in the AHGZ trade journal, the German ARCOTEL Hotels were among the top 50 hotel groups with the highest turnover in Germany.
- As part of the group certification, all ARCOTEL Hotels were awarded “Service Quality System” certification by TÜV Rheinland for their outstanding standards of service.
- The UNO restaurant at ARCOTEL Kaiserwasser Vienna was awarded a toque by Gault Millau.
ARCOTEL Hotels was one of five Austrian companies to be given an AA investment rating by TREUGAST, in Germany the company had an A rating.
- 5 hotels opened since 2007: ARCOTEL Kaiserwasser Vienna, ARCOTEL Rubin Hamburg, ARCOTEL Camino Stuttgart, ARCOTEL John F Berlin and ARCOTEL Onyx Hamburg.
- Rollout of 4-star-superior-concept for all 5 of the newly opened hotels.
- Continual increase in number of rooms, now totalling 1778.
- Continual increase in number of employees, now totalling 812.
Under Mayer’s watchful eye, crucial restructuring has been carried out in terms of the organisation of management and revenue, while the departments of PR and Online Marketing were established and the Sales department was restructured. Furthermore, a new website has been launched and is regularly updated – last in 2013. In 2007 ARCOTEL adopted a new corporate design.